When: Thursday evenings running from October 7th to November 11th.
Where: the Blair Education Center at Park City Hospital
(When entering the hospital for this course, you will need to enter through the “Emergency Room Entrance” doors which are located on the back side of the hospital)
Cost: for 6-week course will be $150.00
Relaxation is a process that decreases the effects of stress on your mind and body. Studies show that relaxation techniques can help you cope with everyday stress and with stress related to various health problems, such as heart disease and chronic pain. An ongoing practice of mindful relaxation helps to reduce stress and deepen the quality of life.
In this -six week course, you’ll learn:
- The science of relaxation—how and why it is important for overall health to relax
- How to deeply relax, regulate, and soothe your nervous system
- Breathing practices to maintain a sense of relaxation throughout your day
- Techniques to cultivate a sense of ease and peace around challenging thoughts and emotions
- Ways to stay relaxed and calm, even in challenging situations
- Relaxation practices that deepen your mindfulness meditation practice
A hybrid version will be offered for this course. You will be able to take the course either in person or on-line.
Masks Required. Enter through the Emergency Room Entrance doors located on the back side of the hospital.
Rebecca Brenner, M.A., C.Y.T, is a writer and mindfulness meditation teacher, speaker, and practitioner.