The Weigh to Health program at Utah Valley Hospital helps you learn not just what to do, but how to do it. You'll learn:
- How to shop for and prepare food that's nutritious, affordable, and great tasting.
- How to be more physically active — and enjoy it.
- How to set goals you can reach.
- How to keep track of your own diet, exercise, and weight in a way that will help you reach your weight loss goals.
The Weigh to Health Plan
The Weigh to Health includes 12 (or more) sessions over a 6-month period, including:
- An orientation class, where you'll learn about basic principles of weight management. You must register and complete orientation before beginning any of the other courses..
- Two 30-minute sessions with a dietitian trained in weight management. Together you'll review your personal plan for weight loss.
- At least nine 90-minute group classes. With help from a dietitian you will create a personalized plan by choosing the classes that will benefit you most..
Classes are taught by a registered dietitian, with guest instructors such as exercise and behavior specialists and chefs.
Most SelectHealth plans and EMI plans cover the program if you meet eligibility criteria and complete all course requirements in 6 months. If your insurance does not cover the program, or you don't meet the eligibility requirements, you can pay for the class out of pocket. For more questions about cost and registration, please contact Mindy Crockett.