Check out some live music
- Try the Dazzle
- Check out the Colorado Symphony
- Folk out at Swallow Hill
- Go to the world famous Red Rocks to catch a show
- There are also tons of cool small venues like the Fillmore, Ogden, and Gothic theaters. Free jazz in City Park during the summer!
Have a great meal
Denver has great restaurants, both humble and fancy.
- For a great and fancy lunch or dinner, check out D Bar Denver
- For funky down-home fare, try Steuben’s
- For a fine meal, check out Rioja in Larimer Square
- For good breakfast eats, try Snooze
See some groovy art
There are several major arts districts in Denver. On the first Friday of each month, the districts on Tennyson and Santa Fe are open late with music, drinks, etc.
- Denver Art Museum, Kirkland Museum, and Clyfford Still Museum are each devoted to a great artist and have a low-key vibe
- The Denver Botanic Gardens have beautiful plantings and rotating sculpture exhibits as well
Hit the mountains
There are all kinds of fun things to do up in the hills – skiing, boarding, X-country, tubing, snow-shoeing, sitting in the hot springs, rafting, hiking, mountain biking, camping. Too many places to list here or anywhere else.
Get all cultured
Denver’s Performing Arts Center is the largest performing arts complex in the country and a launching pad for experimental theater that gets all the way to Broadway!
Sports, sports, sports
Broncos, Avalanche, Rockies, Nuggets, Rapids, and Mammoth are all a blast.
Awesome parks to play in
City Park, Cheesman Park, Wash Park, Congress Park are all not far from Saint Joseph Hospital for dog walking, jogging, volleyball, Frisbee throwing, and just hanging out.
Great local breweries abound – try several! Vine Street, Avery, Left Hand, Fat Tire, Great Divide, Black Shirt Brewing to name just a few.
One giant bear and one giant chair
Check out the giant bear that guards the Denver Convention Center (it's called “I see what you mean”) or the giant chair by the Denver Public Library. Cool public art abounds in Denver.