The PGY1 pharmacy residency program at LDS Hospital is an ASHP-accredited program designed to meet the interests of the resident with a focus on training them to become highly competent and confident clinical pharmacists.
LDS Hospital is part of the Intermountain Healthcare residency program which provides residents with the opportunity to complete learning experiences at multiple facilities, which include:
- LDS Hospital (home site)
- Intermountain Medical Center
- McKay-Dee Hospital
- Utah Valley Hospital
- Primary Children’s Hospital
- Central Office
Additional Residency Requirements
- Longitudinal residency project
- Poster presentation at ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting
- Present results of research project at Mountain States Residency Conference
- P&T review and presentation
- Present two continuing education seminars
- Attend Intermountain residency conference (twice monthly)
- Staffing 32 hours per month
- Teaching certificate offered
After Completing This Program
Pharmacists completing this residency program will be competent and confident practitioners of direct patient care in multiple practice and patient care environments. They will be able to identify and resolve potential and actual patient-specific, drug-related problems and will be accountable for achieving optimal drug therapy outcomes as members of a healthcare team.
Our residents will also become skilled educators, both verbally and in writing, of health care professionals, students, patients and the community. They will demonstrate professional maturity by independently following a personal philosophy of practice, monitoring their own performance, exhibiting commitment to the profession and exercising leadership in improving the safety of the medication-use system.
As highly trained professionals, our residents will be well prepared to compete in today's job market upon completion of our residency program.