About the Class
Our lactation consultant is here to help you address any infant feeding concerns you may have both prenatally and following delivery.
We offer free, in-person group Breastfeeding Education classes every other month. If you prefer a more private setting, we also offer 1-on-1 consultations and offer the same information as the in-person class, just in an individualized session.
Benefits of Breastfeeding for Mom
- Convenient and cost-saving – always warm and ready
- Linked to lower risk of breast and ovarian cancers, Type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis
- Helpful with mom’s recovery after delivery
Benefits of Breastfeeding for Baby
- Provides antibodies to help fight off diseases
- Easy to digest = less cramping and gas
- Decreases the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Decreases the likelihood of ear infections, diarrhea, pneumonia, diabetes, childhood cancer, heart disease, and obesity