Lamaze Childbirth Class — A four week course taught once a week from 7:00pm-9:30pm. Lamaze preparation for childbirth teaches that birth is normal, natural, and healthy. Although the course offers many of the same topics as the Third Trimester class, more emphasis is placed on coping strategies, pain relief, and involvement of the labor partner. The class size is smaller to help ensure more individualized instruction, and more time to practice breathing, relaxation, massage, and positioning to facilitate the birth process.
Additional Registration Information
- $74 fee per couple
- If you are on Medicaid, please register by phone (801-507-7731).
- Class sizes are limited.
- Pre-registration with payment is required for all classes.
- Register in the first trimester for the First Time Mom and Dad class.
- Register for the other classes between your fourth and fifth months of pregnancy for the best options of classes available.
- A class may be cancelled if enrollment is inadequate, but we will make every effort to reschedule you or return your total fee.
- If you need to cancel a class, you can receive up to an 80% refund if you notify at least 3 days prior to the class starting. A 20% processing fee is deducted with your refund.
Other Intermountain Healthcare Childbirth Education Classes
To help you have a healthy pregnancy and prepare for your birth, a wide variety of other childbirth preparation classes are also offered at Riverton Hospital, Intermountain Medical Center and LDS Hospital.
Core classes are offered at each campus, while specialty programs may be taught at one hospital location.
- Third Trimester Childbirth Class
- Hypnobirthing (held only at Intermountain Medical Center)
- Sibling (Sibling classes are not held during flu season, October-March.)
- Infant Massage (held only at LDS Hospital)
- First Time Mom & Dad Class (held only at Intermountain Medical Center)
Childbirth Education Class Schedules
2014 RH CBE Schedule.doc
2014 AVH CBE Schedule.doc
2014 IMC CBE Schedule.docx
2014 LDSH CBE Schedule.docx