- University of Utah School of Medicine - Salt Lake City, in Doctor of Medicine, 1988
- Barnes Hospital - Saint Louis, in Internal Medicine, 1991
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease from Washington University Medical Center
- American College of Cardiology
- American Society of Echocardiography
Dr. Eric Carter is a cardiologist practicing at Utah Valley Hospital¿s Heart and Vascular Center and American Fork Hospital. He is the Cardiovascular Clinical Program Director for Intermountain¿s Urban South Region. He is a also a provider at Revere Health, where he is the department chair and also serves on the clinic¿s Board of Directors. Dr. Carter earned his undergraduate degree in biochemistry and molecular biology from Harvard College in 1984. He graduated with an MD degree from the University of Utah School of Medicine in 1988. He subsequently completed his internal medicine training and cardiology fellowship at Barnes Hospital/Washington University in St. Louis Missouri. Dr. Carter worked for 11 years as a clinical cardiologist in Boise, Idaho before coming to Utah valley. He is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology and is board certified in general cardiology, echocardiography, and nuclear cardiology. His favorite times are spent with his family, which includes his amazing wife, Allison, 7 children (2 married) and 2 grandchildren. He also likes the games of golf and chess.