Course activities and materials consist of:
- 20-minute lectures in outline format
- Syllabus (one book per day) with slide reproductions & illustrations
- A specialized website application developed for course attendees, created as a tool to be used both during and after the conference. This app allows users to re-watch course lectures, test their knowledge through various pre and post presentation quizzes, and have their progress tracked through use analytics. Additionally, the app lets the course planning committee directly monitor attendee performance, send follow-up evaluations, and message users directly about questions and areas of improvement.
- Board-type questions with immediate results by interactive system
- Practice exam during course
- Question books for self examination
- Personal interaction with faculty
- Daily transportation from hotel to course location and return
- Breakfast each morning
- Lunch each afternoon
- Dinner and evening session (Sunday)
- 31.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ available to claim*
Accreditation: Intermountain Healthcare is accredited by Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Intermountain Healthcare designates this live activity for a maximum of 31.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty Disclosure: Intermountain adheres to ACCME standards regarding industry support of continuing medical education and disclosure of faculty and commercial sponsor relationships (if any) will be made known at the activity.
ADA: Intermountain Healthcare fully complies with the legal requirements of the ADA and the rules and regulations thereof. If any participant of this program is in need of accommodation, please do not hesitate to call and/or write to the IPCE office in order to receive service. A request for accommodation can be made by calling 801.442.3930. Reasonable prior notice is required. Sponsored by Intermountain Healthcare Interprofessional Continuing Education.
For those who cannot attend the Core Review, some course materials are available for purchase.
- $50 - Question book - Vascular and General Thoracic Surgery
- $50 - Question book - Adult and Congenital Cardiac Surgery
- $100 - USB thumb drive containing audio files of all lectures from the 2017 Core Review Course
To order materials, click here.
The course syllabus is not available for purchase. You must attend the course in person to receive it.
NOTE: If you are planning to attend the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Core Curriculum Review course, YOU WILL BE RECEIVING all of these materials at the course free of charge.