The goal of this class is to empower each person with the skills necessary for diabetes self management.
American Fork Diabetes Management Clinic offers comprehensive diabetes education classes to provide information on topics such as:
- The body's normal process of using sugar and what is not working right in the body when you have diabetes.
- Blood sugar testing and blood sugar ranges.
- Medications used for diabetes and how they work.
- Exercise benefits and guidelines.
- What to eat when you have diabetes.
- How to prevent diabetes-related complications.
- The current national standard for diabetes care.
Each class participant will receive an individualized meal plan, a glucose meter and a diabetes education book.
The class is split into two segments: 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month. Participants will need to attend both classes to receive all the information. A support person is welcome to attend. It is each participant's responsibility to contact their insurance provider and verify coverage for diabetes education. The Diabetes Management Clinic will bill your insurance, but this does not guarantee coverage. Copay will be required for both classes and must be paid at the first class.
Please call ahead to reserve your space, as class size is limited.
Call (801) 855-3471 for class reservations or questions. Fax number for referrals: (801) 855-3473.