First Time Mom And Dad Class — Offered on the first Thursday of select months from 7:00pm-9:00pm. This class is for women and their partners who are planning a pregnancy or who are pregnant for the first time. Learn about early prenatal care including nutrition and exercise, aids for the discomfort of pregnancy, fetal growth, and the choice to breastfeed. A tour of the birthing center is also offered.
Additional Registration Information
- $10 fee per couple
- Class sizes are limited.
- Pre-registration with payment is required for all classes.
- A class may be cancelled if enrollment is inadequate, but we will make every effort to reschedule you or return your total fee.
- If you need to cancel a class, you can receive up to an 80% refund if you notify at least 3 days prior to the class starting. A 20% processing fee is deducted with your refund.
Other Intermountain Healthcare Childbirth Education Classes
To help you have a healthy pregnancy and prepare for your birth, a wide variety of other childbirth preparation classes are also offered at Alta View Hospital, LDS Hospital and Riverton Hospital.
Core classes are offered at each campus, while specialty programs may be taught at one hospital location.
- Lamaze Childbirth Class
- Third Trimester Childbirth Course
- Hypnobirthing Course
- Breastfeeding Class
- Sibling -- Sibling classes are not held during flu season (October-March). Sibling classes are only held at Intermountain Medical Center and Riverton Hospital.