You are invited to get heart healthy at the state’s largest community healthy heart fair on Saturday, February 8 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Seminars and cooking demonstrations include:
- 9:15 am: “Live Well and Live Longer” – John Day, MD, cardiologist
- 10:30 am: “What is the New Smoking: Sitting or Sugar? The New Debate” – Liz Joy, MD, and Tamara Sheffield, MD
Noon: “Heart-Healthy Recipes to Lighten Up Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner” – Chef Jennifer Burns and dietitian Amana Hindoian, RD, CD
- Talk to the region’s leading heart specialists about their heart health.
- Learn about a heart healthy diet. What should you put on your plate and what should you avoid?
- Visit with emergency response teams, including Murray Fire and Life Flight.
- Tour an ambulance, a fire truck and a helicopter (weather permitting).
There will also be interactive learning stations on nutrition and heart disease, an area focusing on women and heart disease and the Go Red for Women campaign, exercise demonstrations, healthy snacks and CPR demonstrations.
No registration necessary.
For additional information, call the Intermountain Heart Institute at Intermountain Medical Center