When you have a baby at Intermountain Medical Center, you will get choices:
- You can choose the kind of delivery you want or need. Whether it is laboring in a tub, walking, or delivering in the C-section surgery room, we try to follow your wishes.
- You and your family will have spacious, homey, private rooms both during delivery and once you move to our maternity floor after delivery.
- We have 18 delivery rooms divided into three units of six rooms each. Each unit has its own comfortable family waiting area with full-length windows and spectacular views. We also have four operating rooms with pass-through windows into the newborn ICU.
- Sixty private maternity rooms and two well-baby nurseries are located on two levels of the center. Each room has beautiful views, private bathrooms, a flat-screen TV and a sofa for family members wishing to stay.
- Most importantly, you have the back-up of one of America’s most advanced hospitals.
- A high-level newborn intensive care unit is a door away. Specialists in advanced mother-baby medicine are on staff. The hospital also has the highest level of trauma services for both you and your new baby if needed.
Our doctors and nurses are experienced and compassionate
We know what to anticipate and what to do to get the best possible outcomes. Our physicians, midwives, nurses and all of our team know how to take care of new moms and their babies. We care for high- and low-risk patients both before and after birth. Some women require rest and monitoring before delivery, especially if they have multiple babies, preterm labor, or bleeding.
After delivery, new moms will rest and recover in their rooms while nurses come in to talk about the many things they’ll need to know such as baby care, breastfeeding, shaken baby syndrome, postpartum depression, taking care of yourself after the birth of your baby, vaccinations, and everything you will need to know at home when you leave.
You'll have faster, easier connections with your doctor and your nurse
All the features in the unit – communication systems, patient rooms, clinical technology, and the staff – are here to help you and your baby have a safe, happy experience and go home well-prepared to begin your lives together.