The Community Health Information Center offers a 2 hour babysitting class for kids ages 9-15. The class includes:
- Ideas to start your babysitting kit
- Fun and safe activities to do while babysitting
- Safety rules for hand hygiene and giving medication when caring for children
- Safety issues such as procedure for safely bathing a child while babysitting
- Feeding, burping & diapering an infant
- How to recognize and respond to a child’s cues
- How to help a choking child
- Infant CPR & Child CPR
- How to calm a crying infant
- Other valuable information
Each child will receive a babysitting bag which includes a packet of all the information discussed in class!!
Please bring a doll or teddy bear to the class and a baby blanket!!!!
Please note, once registered, we plan on your attendance, and we are unable to refund or reschedule.