Primary Children's offers pre-surgery classes for children and their families. This class is designed to help children and their families know what to expect on the day of the surgery, discuss any concerns, and ask questions.
Primary Children's Hospital - Main Campus
100 N. Mario Capecchi Dr.
Salt Lake City, Utah 84113
To register call: (801) 662-2824
Class is held each day, Monday through Thursday (except holidays), from 4:30 to 5:30 pm. This class is intended for children age 2 and older.
Primary Children's Outpatient Services at Riverton
3773 W. 12600 S.
Riverton, Utah 84065
To register call: (801) 285-1537
Classes held in Primary Children's Outpatient Services at Riverton, 2nd floor Same Day Surgery Lobby.
- For children 2-10 years old, Thursdays, 4:00 to 4:45pm.
- For adolescents 11 years and older, Thursdays, 5:00 to 5:45 pm.
- A video about coming to the hospital
- A guided tour of the areas of the hospital the family will see the day of surgery
- Activities to introduce children to the equipment, sights and sounds of surgery
- Activities for preteens and teens to help them learn about their operation and give them an opportunity to discuss concerns with a nurse or child life specialist
- Opportunity for parents to ask questions and learn how to help their children through the surgery.