Third Trimester Childbirth Class — Four week course taught once a week from 7:00pm-9:30pm. Class topics include physical and emotional changes of pregnancy, warning signs, nutrition, labor signs, and the process of labor. Also covered are birthing options, anesthesia options, labor complications, hospital care and procedures, postpartum care, newborn care, and breast feeding. Some time is also set aside to practice breathing, relaxation, and partner support. Bring two pillows for relaxing on the floor.
Additional Registration Information
- $55 fee per couple
- If you are on Medicaid, please register by phone (801-507-7731).
- Class sizes are limited.
- Pre-registration with payment is required for all classes.
- Register in the first trimester for the First Time Mom and Dad class.
- Register for the other classes between your fourth and fifth months of pregnancy for the best options of classes available.
- A class may be cancelled if enrollment is inadequate, but we will make every effort to reschedule you or return your total fee.
- If you need to cancel a class, you can receive up to an 80% refund if you notify at least 3 days prior to the class starting. A 20% processing fee is deducted with your refund.
Other Intermountain Healthcare Childbirth Education Classes
To help you have a healthy pregnancy and prepare for your birth, a wide variety of other childbirth preparation classes are also offered at Alta View Hospital, Intermountain Medical Center and LDS Hospital. Core classes are offered at each campus, while specialty programs may be taught at one hospital location.
- Lamaze Childbirth Classes
- Hypnobirthing Course
- Breastfeeding Class
- Sibling Class (Sibling classes are not held during flu season, October-March.)
- First Time Mom & Dad Class (held only at Intermountain Medical Center)