— A five week course taught once a week. Hypnobirthing is a wonderful approach to a gentle, comfortable, and joyful birthing experience. Using relaxation techniques and visualization you will be fully aware, free of fear and tension, and able to access your body's own natural relaxant, alleviating and possibly eliminating discomfort. Your birthing companion's familiar voice, soothing touch, and encouraging prompts will surround your birthing experience with peace and calmness and create a bond and closeness unequaled. For more information see www.HypnoBirthing.com
Additional Registration Information
- $150 fee per couple
- If you are on Medicaid, please register by phone (801-507-7731).
- Class sizes are limited.
- Pre-registration with payment is required for all classes.
- Register for classes between your fourth and fifth months of pregnancy for the best options of classes available.
- A class may be cancelled if enrollment is inadequate, but we will make every effort to reschedule you or return your total fee.
- If you need to cancel a class, you can receive up to an 80% refund if you notify at least 3 days prior to the class starting. A 20% processing fee is deducted with your refund.
Other Intermountain Healthcare Childbirth Education Classes
To help you have a healthy pregnancy and prepare for your birth, a wide variety of other childbirth preparation classes are also offered at Alta View Hospital, LDS Hospital and Riverton Hospital.
Core classes are offered at each campus, while specialty programs may be taught at one hospital location.
- Lamaze Childbirth Course
- Third Trimester Childbirth Course
- Breastfeeding Class
- Sibling -- Sibling classes are not held during flu season (October-March). Sibling classes are only held at Intermountain Medical Center and Riverton Hospital.
- First Time Mom & Dad Class (held only at Intermountain Medical Center). Register in the first trimester for the First Time Mom and Dad class.
Childbirth Education Class Schedules
2014 RH CBE Schedule.doc
2014 AVH CBE Schedule.doc
2014 IMC CBE Schedule.docx
2014 LDSH CBE Schedule.docx