Where to park at Alta View Hospital
Here’s where to park and information to help you navigate the campus once the newly expanded Alta View Hospital opens on February 8.
PATIENT AND VISITOR PARKING is marked in green.
- Women’s Center patients and patients who come to Outpatient Imaging, Outpatient Lab, Infusion Clinic, Sleep Services, Dexascan, and Mammography should use the 1300 East entrance and park near the outpatient entrance on the east side of the campus.
- Mothers in labor: If mothers in labor enter through the north side of the new patient tower rather than the outpatient entrance on the east side of campus, they’ll be met and wheeled through the secured entrance by the ED to Labor and Delivery.
- Free valet parking is available weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Valet services will be provided at the outpatient entrance on the east side of campus and at the main hospital entrance (level 0) on the west side of the new patient tower.
EMPLOYEE PARKING is marked in light blue.
- To meet patient needs, all employees are required to park at the Sandy Amphitheater on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. and use the shuttle to access the campus.
- The shuttle runs weekdays from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Two shuttles run during shift changes; one at other times.
- There can be up to a 10-minute wait, so call for the shuttle at 801-501-2600 to speed things up when possible.
- Employees who park at the Sandy Amphitheater will receive meal vouchers.
- Employees who begin work after 5 p.m. (and on weekends) can park west of the clinic and in the south parking lot. Eastside parking is reserved for patients
PHYSICIAN PARKING is marked in dark blue. On-call OB and pediatric physician parking spots are reserved on the east side of the Women’s Center.
These resources can help you get where you’re going:
SIGNS will be posted in all parking lots and on the roadways to help people find their way. A-frame signs will be in the parking lots; other signs will be on 9400 South and 1300 East.
VOLUNTEERS who can give you directions will be stationed at the new patient tower main entrance (level 0), the new patient tower northwest entrance (level 1), and the outpatient entrance on the east side of campus from Friday, February 8, to Friday, February 15. After that, a volunteer will be at the new patient tower main entrance (level 0) and the outpatient entrance on the east side of campus on weekdays during normal business hours.
SECURITY OFFICERS who can help with wayfinding will have an office in the new patient tower and will round in all buildings. You can also call Security at 801-501-2000.
Construction and relocation updates:
THE INFUSION CLINIC AND SLEEP SERVICES will move on March 1. Sleep Services will move to the old ICU and the Infusion Clinic will move into a portion of the old ED. That’s necessary because the west side of campus will be blocked. These locations are temporary until completion of construction.
ROAD CLOSURES will begin after March 1. The schedule:
- Starting Monday, February 11, the west side of the Women’s Center and the Galleria walkway will be closed. The entrance to the Women’s Center will temporarily move to the outpatient entrance on the east side of campus.
- On Friday, March 1, the entire west side of the campus by the Women’s Center will be closed until fall.
- By the end of 2019, we anticipate that construction will be completed. New parking spaces and a new road will be available on the west side of campus.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call Security at 801-501-2600. Thank you for your understanding and support!