Our Labor and Delivery suites at LDS Hospital are state-of-the-art for families giving birth. Beautiful, spacious, and serene, the labor rooms are also equipped with everything needed for the safety and comfort of mother and newborn.
All rooms are equipped with a newborn resuscitation area, sleeper couch, TV and DVD player, and table and chairs. All rooms have tubs (some jetted) or showers in the private bath.
The staff is committed to providing the highest level of expert, compassionate obstetrical care. Our providers are caring, experienced obstetricians, family doctors, and certified nurse-midwives.
We support patients in their desire for an individualized experience and do everything possible to accommodate their needs and wishes.
We deliver pregnant patients from 32 weeks gestation and up. We are proficient in all aspects of labor and delivery, including:
- Vaginal deliveries
- C-section deliveries
- VBACs (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Section)
What you should bring to the hospital:
- Nightgown (front-opening styles are easier for breast-feeding)
- Bras (nursing style if you plan to breast-feed your baby)
- Cosmetics and toiletries
- Birth announcements, writing paper, and pen
- Camera, film or memory card, and extra batteries
- Clothes for you and your baby to wear home. For your baby, we suggest you bring a shirt, gown, receiving blanket, and a heavier blanket (depending on the weather.) For you, clothes that fit in mid-pregnancy are usually best.
What you shouldn't bring:
- Any personal valuables, such as, jewelry, credit cards, or cash