What is Bod Pod testing?
A bod pod is a computerized, egg-shaped device that measures your weight and volume to determine your body density and calculate your percentage of body fat. Our experts use this test to help you choose the best nutrition and exercise programs to reach your goals.
Body Composition Analysis Locations
What to expect during a Bod Pod test?
A bod pod appointment takes about 30 minutes, which includes time for paperwork, testing, and the explanation of your results. Please plan to sit comfortably and quietly in the bod pod for two scans, which last 50-seconds each. Results are available very quickly and are explained by a healthcare professional.
How to Prepare for a Bod Pod Test
- Please don’t exercise for 12 hours prior to your assessment.
- Do not eat or drink anything at least 4 hours prior to your exam (water is okay if you don’t drink large amounts).
- Do not eat or drink anything with caffeine in it and do not take any over-the-counter antihistamines or herbal remedies on the day of the test (prescribed medications are okay).
- Do not smoke 4 hours prior to your assessment.
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, or hot showers 2 hours prior to your exam.
- Please bring or wear the following:
- Men - Compression shorts or a swim brief
- Women - Compression shorts/spandex and an unpadded sports bra or a swimsuit.
- You can change in one of our changing rooms at the center.
Bod Pod Packages
- Bod Pod (Single)
- Bod Pod (package of 2) - Same user only
- Bod Pod (package of 6) - Can be shared with family members (18-month expiration from time of purchase)
- Bod Pod - (Package of 7+)
- Bod Pod/Resting Metabolic Rate Package