The SOAP team helps children diagnosed with cancer or a blood disease. The SOAP team can provide emotional, social, and spiritual support, symptom management and help with medical decision making. We are available to all patients at any point in their journey. By focusing on the whole child or adolescent, the SOAP team helps patients and families through the process of their illness.
The team is comprised of a specialized and dedicated group of physicians, advanced care practitioners, nurses, social workers, and chaplains that work with the hematology/oncology team to optimize your care.
What to Expect
Assessment and management of pain and other symptoms related to your cancer or treatment.
- Support for your family in making difficult medical decision.
- Care coordination with your primary team and other medical resources.
- Care planning focused with your goals, values, and beliefs.
- Assistance with the emotional, social, and spiritual needs of your family.
- Transition planning for home-based or comfort care if needed.
- Family meetings as desired to discuss issues and concerns surrounding your child’s diagnosis.
To learn more, or make a referral, call us at (801) 662-3770