The Feeding and Swallowing Center at Primary Children's Hospital brings together an interdisciplinary team of specialists to offer comprehensive evaluation of children's feeding and swallowing problems. By coordinating care with multiple pediatric specialists in one clinic, we are able to provide you and your child with the highest quality, most efficient care possible.
Conditions for Evaluation
- Oral aversion
- Delay in feeding milestones
- Feeding refusal
- Dysphagia with unclear prognosis
- Feeding tube dependence
Our Treatment Model
Because each child's feeding needs are different, we use an interdisciplinary evaluation process to help guide treatment options that will be beneficial to your child's success.
- The interdisciplinary team will work to coordinate diagnostic study plans.
- We offer non-emergent nasogastric tube or gastrostomy tube needs and/or replacement.
- An assigned care coordinator will help set up any necessary follow-up appointments.
- At this time, we do not offer outpatient or inpatient intensive feeding therapy, although this is a clinical goal for Primary Children’s Hospital in the future. Your child may be recommended to attend weekly therapy session, which may need additional insurance approval.