Intermountain Healthcare has announced their 2018 Supplier Award winners. The awards recognize four outstanding suppliers for their work to cooperatively improve and innovate within four categories.
The winners are:
- Collaboration MVP Award — The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies
- Cost, Quality, Outcomes Award — RightSourcing
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award — Jacobsen Construction
- Supply Chain Excellence Award — McKesson
Intermountain evaluates key suppliers who help make a difference in delivering cost effective care and quality outcomes for the approximately one million patients Intermountain serves each year.
“The four deserving suppliers were chosen from an array of stakeholder nominations. Our key suppliers are those who demonstrate value to the organization and, most importantly, our patients. We work together with suppliers to ensure Intermountain’s long-term future and to fulfill our mission of Helping people live the healthiest lives possible©. We value our relationships with our suppliers and are excited to recognize these four for their efforts.” says John Wright, VP Supply Chain and Support Services.
Each award had specific selection criteria and each winning supplier was selected based on their performance and had a unique reason for winning.
- The Collaboration MVP Award focuses on capability and a willingness to collaborate. In addition, the criteria cover a supplier’s ability to be proactive, responsive, and transparent while creating value opportunities. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC) proved to be the winner by excelling in helping Intermountain solve for price discrepancies and logistical improvements. JJMDC also cultivated an environment that led to a number of meaningful post-contract, value-add, opportunities over the last year.
- The Cost, Quality, Outcomes Award weighs patient outcomes and the ability to create shared value. RightSourcing was chosen for several reasons including their core mission to positively impact patient care. Their supplier-neutral staffing program provides rich data, quick fill time, and ensures temporary workers meet The Joint Commission requirements to create streamlined operations throughout our hospitals and clinics.
- The Corporate Social Responsibility Award judges a supplier’s ability to demonstrate positive social and environmental change in our communities. Jacobsen proved to be the winner by collaborating with Intermountain on a regular basis to develop sustainable construction projects. In total, including seven LEED Certified projects that improve the quality of life in the communities we both serve. In addition, Jacobsen Construction focuses on employee diversity to ensure that their workforce reflects the diversity of the local communities.
- The Supply Chain Excellence Award evaluated suppliers who demonstrated excellence in supply chain efficiency and innovation. McKesson was selected as this year’s recipient for providing support on several of our strategic goals including inventory optimization and generic drug price reduction. McKesson also helped mitigate supply shortages by working proactively with suppliers and Intermountain stakeholders to provide appropriate allocations and products for our patients while keeping total distribution costs low.
“We appreciate the outstanding commitment of our award winners to assure our patients and community are best served. The awards provide the recognition they deserve and serve as an inspiration for them, and others, to achieve in future years,” adds Wright.