All special guests and visitors must apply and be approved prior to visiting Primary Children's Hospital. To provide a positive experience for special visitors, patients, and families at the hospital, all visitors must review and agree to these guidelines for application to be considered.
*PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 precautions, special visitors are not currently permitted in the hospital. All requests to visit Primary Children's will be denied at this time.
Guidelines for Special Visitors
- All special visits must be pre-arranged at least 2 weeks before the visit date. All guests and visitors must fill out the special visit application and be notified of approval before they arrive at the hospital.
- All special guests and visitors must check-in at Security and receive an identification badge and must be accompanied by a Child Life or Foundation team member at all times.
- The number of visitors in a group will be limited to 6 people.
- Special guests and visitors will not be permitted to go room-to-room.
- Photos and recordings of patients and families are not permitted.
- Media involvement is not permitted.
- If you have been approved to wear a costume, it must be dry cleaned within 24 hours of the visit. Visitors will be asked to provide proof of cleaning in the form of a dated receipt.
- During winter months, when there is increased concern for infection control, visits will be limited.
- All visitors must adhere to our year-round visitor health guidelines which include:
- Free of a cough and/or runny nose.
- No fever over 100 degrees, vomiting, or diarrhea within the last two weeks.
- No exposure to communicable diseases like pink eye, rashes, measles, mumps, TB, and chickenpox in the previous 30 days.
- Any toys or prizes that will be donated or handed out to patients and families must be pre-arranged and approved prior to distribution at an event. No personal information and/or stories can be attached. Items must be unwrapped and new, with tags still attached and in original packaging.
- All group members will respect patient confidentiality. Information gained during the visit must NOT be discussed or shared outside the hospital.
- All group members will follow directions of hospital staff.
- Special visitors assume all responsibility for personal belongings and equipment. The hospital is not liable for loss or damage.
Apply to be a Special Visitor
Due to the volume of requests received, we cannot accommodate all requests. Once your application has been reviewed, you will receive notification of the approval or denial of your request. Special visitors that arrive at the hospital without prior approval will be turned away.