About Provider Search
We regularly monitor the location of our contracted networks against where our members live and work to
ensure that members have primary care physicians, behavioral health physicians, specialty physicians and
hospitals within reasonable traveling distance. We evaluate these providers based on member complaints,
member experience, clinical quality measures, and appropriate use of healthcare resources.
This helps us determine whether to add the provider or hospital to one or more of our networks.
Verifying Provider Information
The online Provider Search tool is populated from an Intermountain
Healthcare database of physicians and other healthcare practitioners
who meet both conditions below:
- Completion of the Intermountain Healthcare credentialing verification process that is repeated every
three years. Not all types of healthcare practitioners are required to go through the Intermountain
Healthcare credentialing process. Healthcare practitioners who are not credentialed by Intermountain
Healthcare do not show up in the online provider directory.
- Contractual participation with one or more SelectHealth insurance plans OR medical
staff membership at one or more Intermountain Healthcare hospitals.
Intermountain and SelectHealth reserve the right to exclude certain medical specialties and certain
providers from the online directory, for example, providers who choose not to be listed, providers
who see patients on a walk-in basis only (such as InstaCare, KidsCare or WorkMed providers), or
hospitalist physicians who see hospital inpatients only.
Information about providers in the online directory changes frequently and often without notice.
Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth have formal policies and procedures that address the
collection and validation of directory information. However, responsibility falls on providers
to report changes to their information so the database can be updated accordingly.
The information listed below is verified by Intermountain Healthcare when a provider is initially
credentialed. Updates to this information are also subsequently verified every three years thereafter.
- Foreign language fluencies means any languages besides English in which a provider or clinical staff
is able to speak with and understand patients. Member Advocates verify annually which languages are
spoken by providers. This information can be obtained by calling the provider's offices and verifying
that the information we have on file is accurate.
- Medical education and post-graduate residency and fellowship training.
- Accepting new patients refers to whether a provider's practice is open or closed to new patients
or certain patient types. Member Advocates verify annually whether providers are accepting new patients.
This information may vary by office location or SelectHealth insurance plan. It can be obtained by
calling the provider's offices and verifying that the information we have on file is accurate.
- Medical specialty, meaning the specialty or specialties recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties
(ABMS) in which a provider was formally trained.
- Board certification, meaning the process
whereby a licensed physician has elected to undergo an examination
before a board of professional peers to establish expertise beyond
regular medical licensure in an ABMS specialty or sub-specialty. This
information applies to physicians only and not other types of
healthcare practitioners. You may visit the ABMS website to
verify a physician's board certifications.
- Hospital affiliations, meaning the Intermountain Healthcare hospitals at which a provider holds active or
courtesy medical staff privileges. Only providers who treat patients in a hospital setting will show hospital
affiliations in the online directory. The listing is limited to Intermountain Healthcare hospitals and may not be
a comprehensive list of hospitals with which a provider is affiliated, nor a comprehensive list of hospitals
offered in the area.
- Office addresses, phone numbers, and medical group affiliations, meaning the name of a multi-specialty clinic
that is associated with a provider's office address. SelectHealth has a policy and procedure to verify office
locations and phone numbers when a provider joins a SelectHealth plan or network. Changes to a provider's office
information is usually verified by SelectHealth upon notification of the change by a provider. Due to the
frequency of changes to office information among several thousand providers, not all changes are verified.
- SelectHealth plan participation, meaning the insurance plans or networks administered by SelectHealth for which
a provider has an active contract to treat members of the plan according the plan's fee schedule and policies. The
list of plans is limited to those offered by SelectHealth and may not be a comprehensive list of plans accepted by
a provider, nor a comprehensive list of health insurers offered in the area.
The information listed below is self-reported by providers and is
not verified or reviewed in the Intermountain Healthcare credentialing
process. Not all providers listed in the directory have supplied this
information. Efforts to collect this information have been focused on
physicians but will expand to other practitioner types in 2007.
- Professional memberships, meaning a provider's memberships in organized medical professional societies.
- Office hours, meaning the days of the week and the hours that a provider is open for seeing patients. Days and
hours may vary by office location for providers with multiple offices.
- After-hours instructions, meaning the instructions a provider lists in the directory on how to get access to
care after a provider's office is closed for the day.
- Practice focus, meaning any specific treatments, conditions, areas of the body, or patient types that a provider
specifically focuses on or excludes from his or her practice. Providers are asked not to list anything that is
outside of their formal training or conflicts with their hospital privileges.
- Patient education material, meaning general health or medical education documents that a provider chooses to
make available to the public through the online directory.
Inclusion of a provider in the online directory is not a guarantee of coverage for any health insurance
plan. Before receiving medical services, it is recommended that patients consult their health insurance
plan to verify provider participation, referral and authorization requirements, and benefits including
limitations and exclusions.
The online directory is not intended as a recommendation, referral, or endorsement of any particular
provider, or as a tool for verifying the credentials, qualifications, abilities, or availability of any
The online directory and any of the data, listings or other information contained therein may not be
republished, sold, or re-purposed, in whole or in part, in any medium, for use in any other list of
providers or for any purpose whatsoever, except for express use as a directory of Intermountain
Healthcare credentialed providers who contract with one or more SelectHealth insurance plans.