Intermountain Life Flight is more than a red helicopter landing on the freeway. We are Utah’s leading air ambulance service offering highly specialized medical transport using helicopters, airplanes, and ambulances.
Since starting the program in 1978, we’ve stayed true to our commitment to exceptional patient care. Life Flight staffs our communication center with trained operational controllers and communications specialists 24-hours a day, every day of the year. The center works with flight crews and specialized medical teams to ensure the proper equipment and staff are mobilized quickly for the best possible experience.
You can count on Life Flight for quality care with specialized medical staff in:
- High Risk O/B
Here are some quick facts about Life Flight:
- Quick regional response with seven bases across the state of Utah
- Competitive pricing
- Convenient, non-emergent transport to or from the Intermountain region
- Emergency help with the only civilian-operated air ambulance service in the U.S. to have an FAA-approved external load hoist rescue operation
- 4000 transports annually
- 65,000+ patients transported since 1978
- Over 10,000,000 patient miles flown
- Only civilian Air Ambulance in the US certified by the FAA to conduct Hoist/Rescue Operations
- 7 helicopters, 2 turbo prop fixed wing, and one jet plus ground ambulance partnerships when needed
The Transfer Center is the single point of contact for patient transfers into the Intermountain Healthcare system. Both referring and accepting physicians can make one call to the Intermountain Transfer Center, and we will do the rest.
Our transfer specialists facilitate all types of patient transfers into all Intermountain Healthcare facilities. They are experienced in Stroke, STEMI, and Trauma Protocols to ensure patients are transported quickly and safety to the right physician at the right hospital every time.