Are you a caregiver?
If you are providing assistance to an aging spouse, relative or friend who is ill or needs help with basic activities of daily living, you are a caregiver.
Common Caregiver Challenges
- Identifying needs and coordinating services
- Decision making for medical, financial and legal issues
- Holding a family meeting to discuss roles and responsibilities
- Coping with the emotional issues of caregiving
- Coping with grief and loss
How can EAP help me with caregiving?
You and your family members can access caregiver support either by phone or with an appointment. Your situation will be discussed with a focus on identifying the current problems you or your loved one is encountering.
A plan of intervention will then be developed. The plan may involve other experts within Intermountain Healthcare and local community resources.