RxMatch allows healthcare providers to incorporate genomic data as a decision-making support tool when prescribing drugs in the care of their patients.
According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), providers can use the pharmacogenomic information to help decide the most appropriate treatment for each individual, including the identification of drugs that are more likely to work, avoiding drugs that might have adverse side effects, adjusting the dose of a drug, or determining if closer monitoring is needed.
The RxMatch report includes information on antidepressants, pain medications, heart medications, anti-inflammatories, antidiabetics, medications used before and after surgery, and many others. View the full list of medications here.
ABCG2, ADRA2A, COMT, CYP1A2, CYP2C19, CYP2C9, CYP2D6, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, DPYD,
Factor V/ Leiden, Factor II/ Prothrombin, G6PD, GRIK4, HTR2A, MTHFR, OPRM1, SLCO1B1, TPMT, VKORC1
- Patients give a very simple cheek (buccal) swab.
- Once the Intermountain Precision Genomics laboratory receives the sample, the patient’s DNA is extracted and checked for quality and quantity.
- Over 60 sites within the DNA of the sample are then tested and a report is delivered to the ordering provider (see sample report below). Providers can use these results to help decide the most appropriate treatment for their patient, including the identification of drugs that are more likely to work, avoiding drugs that might have adverse side effects, adjusting the dose of a drug, or determining if closer monitoring is needed.
- Results are delivered to the ordering provider. Recommendations follow guidelines published by the Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium (CPIC).
Three ways to order:
- If you have iCentra access, place your order via iCentra PowerChart.
- If you do not have access to iCentra, place your order via the Precision Genomics Provider Portal. To request access to the portal, fill out this form and a member of the Intermountain Precision Genomics team will get your office set up to begin ordering.
- Download the order form and fax the completed form to (385) 297-2385.
RxMatch can be tested on a buccal swab specimen. View specimen and shipping requirements here.
Your RxMatch results will come as formatted in this sample report.
While some insurance companies cover genetic testing, please work with the patient’s insurance company for any pre-authorization requirements prior to ordering. If you have any questions or would like assistance, please call our customer service representatives at (435) 251-5740.