Who is Intermountain Heart & Vascular?
The Intermountain Heart & Vascular program provides innovative heart care to communities across Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and Kansas. Our group of nearly 400 physicians and APPs consistently achieve clinical excellence through collaborative research and use of proven technologies.
In 2021, our researches contributed to five NEJM papers and published 80 research articles on a variety of heart-healthy topics. At any given time, our researchers have 15-20 clinical trials in progress.
The Intermountain Healthcare system consists of 33 hospitals, 2,848 licensed beds and 383 clinics across eight states.
Experience & Outcomes
Our teams have experience across multiple specialties, including structural heart, transplant, electrophysiology, congenital heart disease, cardiothoracic and vascular surgery and more.
- 25,762 cath lab procedures completed in Utah and Nevada in 2021
- 11,396 Electrophysiology procedures across Utah, Colorado and Nevada in 2021
- Averages 15 heart transplants per year, with 57% of recipients bridged with a VAD or TAH since 2014.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized nationally for outcomes that exceed national averages and indicate Top-Tier programs.
- Intermountain Medical Center, St. George Hospital and Utah Valley Hospital received 4/4 star rating in several Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Metrics from the American College of Cardiology, placing these facilities in the top 20% nationwide
- Utah Valley Hospital and Saint Joseph Hospital earn Three-Star rating for Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)
Learn more about our volumes and outcomes
Download the annual report and explore our outcomes that highlight the leading work our teams are doing to ensure the best patient care for those in our communities.
Intermountain Healthcare has several learning opportunities that provide nationally-recognized AMA PRA credits.
Join our Email list
Stay in the know by joining our email list. You’ll receive quarterly emails about new research, innovations, awards or accomplishments from our team at Intermountain Healthcare.
Sign up here