The Cardiovascular Catheterization Lab (Cath Lab) at Intermountain Heart Institute has the highest volumes of heart procedures and provides care to the most complex patients in the Intermountain West. We offer the newest, most exciting breakthroughs in heart catheter technology and have received national and international recognition for our successful outcomes.
Here are some quick facts about our lab:
- We are consistently below 90 minutes between the arrival of a heart attack patient and completion of life-saving coronary intervention. This includes when patients are transferred from other centers.
- Our physicians are the most experienced, performing close to 10,000 procedures every year.
- Our lab features hybrid catheterization/surgical rooms where surgeons and cardiologists perform procedures together in a less invasive ways.
- We have the only robotic magnetic navigation system in the Intermountain West.
- We have an integrated patient unit located immediately outside of the cath lab area. Here patients are assessed before their procedure and later return for recovery.
- We have valuable tools that help us support high-risk patients during procedures, including temporary ventricular assist devices.
- We are a 5-time winner of Thomsen Reuter's (Solucient's) healthcare awards: 100 Top Hospitals with Cardiovascular Residency Programs.