A lifestyle-based weight management program entitled “The Weigh to Health” starts monthly with an orientation to this 6-month program at McKay-Dee Hospital Center.
Please pass the word to anyone who could benefit.
The course includes an orientation, 2 one-on-one appointments with a registered dietitian, and 9 group classes. Group classes are taught by a registered dietitian with guest instructors such as an exercise specialist, behavior specialist, and chef.
What you’ll do during the Weigh to Health Program:
- Develop personal goals using eating style and exercise assessment tools
- Learn to manage your nutrition, activity, and behavior
- Track your food intake and exercise
Group class topics include nutrition and meal planning, exercise and physical activity, emotional eating, menu planning, positive self-talk, intuitive eating, behavior modification, stress management, shopping on a budget, healthy cooking, eating out, and more.
The cost is $458.34 (which covers all components of the program) however, out-of-pocket expenses vary based on health insurance coverage and/or program fee discounts. Our Weigh to Health Program administrator can assist you with determining a more accurate estimate of program cost for you.
- Your health insurance could cover all or part of the cost. Check with your health insurance plan to verify coverage.
- Program fee discounts are available in many instances where no insurance coverage is provided. Contact us for more information.
- Many SelectHealth plans cover most or all of the program fee for members who meet quailifying criteria and complete the program. Contact a SelectHealth representative for more details about your plan coverage.
To register, contact Joy Musselman, Registered Dietitian at (801) 387-7854 or email@example.com.