Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. This will allow you time to check in, turn in paperwork, make co-pays, verify insurance information, and sign the consent for treatment form.
Please do not arrive early for evaluations that are scheduled following your center's lunch hour, typically 1:00 pm appointments. Most centers are closed daily from Noon – 1:00PM for the lunch hour and staff meetings. Please check with your center to find out if your appointment time is following the scheduled lunch hour.
If you would like to reschedule your appointment please call us as soon as possible so that we may schedule another child. Please note that if you arrive to your appointment 20 min late or more, you will be asked to reschedule.
Prior to your evaluation appointment
We recommend that you verify your child’s benefits, exclusions and whether your insurance requires a referral and/or preauthorization for the evaluation. You’ll want to verify that your Intermountain Primary Children's location is a provider. We do bill as an outpatient hospital/facility. We ask a payment on your account be made at the time of service. This payment will be applied to your insurance deductible and/or your coinsurance or office/specialist co-payment. Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna both require that we have a waiver signed. The waiver states that if the insurance is denied for any reason you accept financial responsibility. If you check with your insurance and find that these services will not be covered then let us know, as we have some self pay discounting options available.
Who should attend the visit
- Do not bring other children to the appointment. We need you and your child to take part in the session.
- It is helpful to have whoever takes care of your child the most to come to the evaluation. We will talk about how your child performs daily activities as well as about ideas and information to use at home.
- We will ask your child to join in activities to help us evaluate their skills. Please make sure your child is well rested and ready to take part in the session.
Items to complete and/or bring to the visit
- Insurance Card – Please bring a copy of your current insurance card. We need this to bill your insurance. If you have Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Cigna insurance please sign the waiver.
- Payment – Bring any payment required by your insurance. We accept credit/debit cards or we are able to electronically process checks.
- Photo Identification for Parents/Guardians – please bring photo identification card. This is to protect your child and to insure we are dealing with parents/guardians or people allowed to interact with your child.
About the evaluation
Please keep in mind the activities your child participates in on a daily basis and the places those activities occur. Be prepared at the time of your child’s appointment to share your specific concerns. Consider the following:
- What is your main concern?
- What kinds of things do you want your child to perform?
- Where do you want them to be able to perform this function?
- With whom do they need to interact?
- What aspects of your home life will affect therapy, such as having time to attend therapy sessions, time to work with your child on home activities, and financial resources?
- What common settings does your child need to move about in throughout their day? (Such as home, park, or daycare.)
- What specific physical skills and movements are difficult for your child?
- What types of feeding, play, social, or self-care activities are the most challenging and difficult for your child?
- What daily activities are most affected by your child’s difficulties?
Think about these questions before coming to your child’s appointment. Your answers will help us to focus on your child’s most pressing concerns.