Bio and Interests
I grew up in Chicago and went to Washington University in St Louis for a combined MD and PhD program, during which I published extensively in the research field of immunology. I subsequently pursued an ophthalmology residency and oculoplastics fellowship training. I am a board-certified ophthalmologist who is fellowship-trained in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Eye Surgery, also known as oculoplastic (eye) or oculofacial surgery. As a member of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS), I have been through extensive medical & surgical training for treating disorders of the eyes, eyelids & surrounding tissues, eye sockets (orbits), and the tear drainage ducts.
In 2007, I was able to fulfill my dream of living in the Intermountain West. I joined Intermountain Healthcare and have been serving patients in the Salt Lake Valley ever since. I am married with two sons, and my brother and parents also live in the Salt Lake region.
I specialize in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids, eye socket, and tear drainage system, also known as oculoplastic or oculofacial surgery.
- Washington University - Saint Louis, MO in Doctor of Philosophy, 2001
- Washington University School Of Medicine - Saint Louis, MO in Doctor of Medicine, 2001
- Internship: St. Louis University School of Medicine - Saint Louis, MO in Internal Medicine, 2001-2002
- Residency: Cleveland Clinic Foundation - Cleveland, OH in Ophthalmology, 2002-2005
- Fellowship: West Virginia University - Morgantown, WV in Oculoplastic Surgery, 2005-2007
- AM BD OPHTHALMOLOGY - Certification Expires 12/31/2018
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive
Intermountain Hospital Associations