Bio and Interests
Dr. Hunter earned his medical degree at the University of Utah and was selected as Chief Resident during his General Surgery residency at University of Utah Affiliated Hospitals. In the late 1970s, Dr. Hunter contributed to the research and development of an anti-snakebite vaccine, for which he earned citation by the US Congress. He has since published research on childhood melanoma, abdominal lipectomy, and burn therapy.
Throughout his medical career, Dr. Hunter has volunteered on numerous medical committees, including serving as Chairman of the Division of Plastic Surgery at Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, Utah. He has also performed volunteer surgeries in Ghana and Mexico. Dr. Hunter is an accomplished pianist, a former Major in the United States Army, and has been a longtime Scout Master.
Dr. Gary Hunter is a board-certified aesthetic surgeon specializing in facial rejuvenation, body contouring, and breast surgery. He blends his background in classical music and art with his training in science and medicine in over 25 years as an aesthetic surgeon. Dr. Hunter's natural looking results have made him one of the most trusted and sought after aesthetic surgeons in the Mountain West.
- Chairman, Division of Plastic Surgery, Intermountain Medical Center
- Chairman, Plastic Surgery, Physician Division, Intermountain Healthcare
- Salt Lake Clinic Advisory Board Member
- Vice-Chairman, Department of Surgery, LDS Hospital (1989-1990)
- President, Utah Plastic Surgery Society (1988)
- Chairman, Division of Plastic Surgery, LDS Hospital (1980-1981, 1986-1987)
- President, Salt Lake Clinic (1989-1990)
- Breast Reconstruction: Huntsman-Intermountain Cancer Care Program
- University Of Utah School Of Medicine - Salt Lake City, UT in Doctor of Medicine, 1971
- Residency: University of Utah Medical Center - Salt Lake City, UT in General Surgery, 1972-1975
- Residency: University of Utah Medical Center - Salt Lake City, UT in Plastic Surgery, 1976-1978
- AM BD PLASTIC SURGERY - Certification does not expire
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Salt Lake County Medical Society
- Salt Lake Surgical Society
- Utah Medical Association
- Utah State Plastic Surgery Society
Intermountain Hospital Associations