This healthy and sweet granola makes a great yogurt parfait or pairs well with non-fat Greek yogurt or low-fat milk.
Servings: 4-5 cups
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut or sunflower oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup wide cut coconut
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup dried fruit of choice
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line edged baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix rolled oats and brown sugar together.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the oil, honey and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Add in chopped almonds. (Add optional seeds)
- Spread on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Stir frequently, every 5 minutes, to ensure even baking. It should be golden brown when it is done.
- Add any dried fruit or coconut after finished baking. (Optional)
- Let it cool on the baking sheet and break up any large pieces.
- Store in an airtight container (can store for 3 weeks) and enjoy!