Filled with blueberries, these whole grain muffins are a great breakfast, full of essential antioxidants, vitamin E, magnesium, iron and fiber.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup low or nonfat milk
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, mix applesauce, honey, eggs, vanilla, oil, milk, and yogurt.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy now or later!