This simple but flavorful Italian pasta dish includes chicken, sundried tomatoes, pine nuts, pesto, olive oil and garlic.
- 5 each 4oz chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2½ tsp. olive oil
- 2½ tsp. pine nuts, shelled
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, julienned
- 1¼ tsp. fresh garlic, diced
- 2½ tbsp. basil pesto sauce
- 2½ cups broccoli florets, frozen
- 5 cups cooked bow tie pasta (per pkg. directions, omitting salt)
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2½ tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- Preheat oven to 320F; place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 165F is reached. Slice on a bias.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat, add the pine nuts, sundried tomatoes, pesto and garlic; sauté.
- Add the broccoli, cooked pasta, chicken broth and fresh basil; cook for two minutes to reduce down liquid.
Divide pasta mixture equally between the plates, place 1 sliced chicken breast on each plate of pasta; garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh oregano.