Lemon pepper salmon over penne pasta and served with roasted asparagus is a super simple and savory dinner that is both guilt-free and healthy. Add your favorite fruit in season for a complete meal.
- 1 lb. salmon, skinless, fresh
- 1 1/4 tsp. lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups cooked whole wheat penne
- 1 3/4 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/4 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 3/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 3/4 tsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp. fennel seed, crushed
- 1 lb. fresh Asparagus (20 spears)
- 3/4 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray; season with lemon zest and black pepper.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 145F is reached.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions (omitting salt); add the frozen peas to the cooking pasta 2 minutes before the pasta is done.
- Drain pasta and peas; return to the pot.
- Whisk the oil and lemon juice together; add to the pasta.
- Stir in the spinach, dill and fennel seeds; toss until well combined.
- Lay asparagus out flat on a baking sheet.
- Season the asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until asparagus is crisp tender.
- Flake 3 ounces of the lemon pepper salmon over a 1/2 cup (2oz) of whole wheat pasta; serve with 4 spears of Roasted Asparagus per serving.
- Garnish with fresh lemon slices.