Mushrooms become the main course with this deliciously stuffed portabella that is full of chock full of herbs, vegetables, and cheese. Add whole grain artisan bread and fresh fruit in season for a balanced meal.
- 5 each portabella mushroom
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 3/4 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp. cornflake crumbs
- 2 each large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 1/4 bunch kale, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Wash Portabellas, remove stems.
- Chop cauliflower, broccoli and mushroom stems.
- Combine all remaining ingredients to make stuffing; fill each shell with 6 oz filling.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 15-20 minutes or until mushroom is heated through.
- Blanch or steam kale until wilted.
- Toss with lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
Serve one Stuffed Portabella with ½ cup of Steamed Kale.