Intermountain Healthcare's mission statement reflects our expanding role, as we focus even more strongly on prevention and wellness, and strive to improve the health of those who live in our
Helping people live the healthiest lives possible SM
Be a model health system by providing extraordinary care and superior service at an affordable cost.
The Dimensions of Care include:
- Clinical Excellence: We deliver outstanding clinical care in a consistent, coordinated way—always improving through evidence-based practice.
- Patient Engagement: We provide a compassionate healing experience, fully involving patients in clinical and financial decisions about their healthcare and encouraging them to take
responsibility for healthy life choices.
- Operational Effectiveness: We are wise and innovative stewards of our resources and maintain the financial stability necessary to meet our high standards of quality and
- Physician Engagement: We respect the professional and clinical skills of our physician colleagues and engage them in teams that help us deliver optimal outcomes and best serve our
- Community Stewardship: We help meet the diverse healthcare needs of our communities by providing excellent care at the lowest appropriate cost, regardless of the patient’s
ability to pay. This is an important part of our strong not-for-profit heritage.
- Employee Engagement: We honor the noble cause that inspires us as Intermountain colleagues. Together, we create a workplace that is built on our values, attracts and rewards caring
and talented individuals, and engages us to live lives that are connected, balanced, secure, and healthy.
- Integrity: We are principled, honest, and ethical, and we do the right thing for those we serve.
- Trust: We count on and support one another individually and as team members.
- Excellence: We perform at the highest level, always learning and looking for ways to improve.
- Accountability: We accept responsibility for our actions, attitudes, and health.
- Mutual Respect: We embrace diversity and treat one another with dignity and empathy.
Intermountain's Mission, Vision, and Values is available as a printable PDF file poster.
Videos Highlighting Our Mission
View three beautiful video spots that define Intermountain's mission to our community:
Live the Healthiest Life Possible
Intermountain Serving Patients
Taking Care of People