Mexican Chopped Salad with Chicken
4 10-inch whole wheat tortillas
2 chicken breasts
1 Tbsp. salt-free Mexican seasoning
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1 cup no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup no-salt-added corn, drained and rinsed
1 avocado, diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup light Ranch dressing
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Turn over a muffin tin. Spray whole wheat tortillas lightly with cooking spray and lay over the upside down muffin cup.
3. Bake in middle of the oven for 10 minutes. When crisp, remove and let cool.
4. Meanwhile, season chicken breast with Mexican seasoning on both sides. Sauté in vegetable oil until cooked through, turning once. Remove to plate and shred when cool enough to handle.
5. In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, avocado and tomatoes. Add romaine lettuce and light Ranch dressing and toss well to mix.
6. Put one tortilla bowl on a plate add fill with 2 cups of salad mixture. Repeat for the remaining tortilla bowls.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Total calories: 480 cals
Total fat: 23 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Protein: 23 g
Total Carbohydrate: 48 g
Dietary fiber: 13 g
Sodium: 920 mg