The Urban South Region (USR) includes American Fork Hospital, Orem Community Hospital and Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. Utah Valley Regional is now the only designated Level II Trauma Center south of Salt Lake City.
Unlicensed new RN graduates and newly licensed RN graduates with less than 1 year of RN experience must apply for current opportunities and if selected, will be required to complete the RN New Grad Residency Program for the Urban South Region.
The 9-week program includes the following elements:
Didactic Training and Practical Experience
Includes hands on work experience in the nursing unit and didatic training totaling 40 hours per week.
A trained clinical coach facilitates transition into the acute care environment and helps students successfully transition into a professional nurse role.
Residency training includes time management, prioritization, physician interactions, relationship building, and policy familiarization.
A minimum two week rotation to a related unit where a student could potentially work to help cover census shifts and personnel shortages.
- Education: Must have graduated from an accredited nursing program.
- Licensing: Must have Utah RN license or be license eligible.*
- Hours: Must be full-time for the nine weeks of the residency program.
- Classes: Must attend all classes and finish all course work to complete the program.
- Commitment: Must commit to a minimum of working 1,872 hours, either full-time or part-time, with Intermountain Healthcare’s Urban South Region upon completion of the residency program.
*Out-of-state new graduates must have NCLEX scheduled by the time the residency program begins.
For more information or to apply for the USR Nurse Residency Program, contact:
Gina Olson, Recruiter