Intermountain Healthcare is an organization driven by a mission of excellence in the provision of healthcare services to communities in the Intermountain region. The mission of Intermountain includes a commitment to provide care to those who live in communities within this region who have a medical need, regardless of ability to pay.
Excellence in the provision of healthcare services to communities in the Intermountain region.
Our vision is to be a model healthcare system by continually learning and providing extraordinary care in all its dimensions:
- Clinical Excellence: We will deliver the best clinical care in a consistent, integrated way-always improving through innovation and evidence-based practice.
- Service Excellence: We will provide a compassionate healing experience that reflects the caring and noble nature of our work in every encounter with our patients, members, and guests.
- Physician Engagement: We honor the essential role of our physician colleagues and will create systems and processes that help them best serve their patients.
- Operational Effectiveness: We will be wise and careful stewards of our resources to enable extraordinary care. We will maintain the financial strength we need to meet our high standards of quality while providing the lowest sustainable cost to residents in our communities.
- Employee Engagement: We value our employees as our most important resource and will create a workplace that attracts and rewards caring and talented individuals.
- Community Stewardship: We are committed to serving the diverse needs of the young and old, rich and poor, and those living in urban and rural communities in the Intermountain region, with sensitivity to cultural differences. We work independently and with community partners to care for the underserved, and we provide generally available medical services to all residents, regardless of ability to pay.
- Mutual respect: We treat others the way we want to be treated.
- Accountability: We accept responsibility for our actions, attitudes, and mistakes.
- Trust: We act with integrity and can count on each other.
- Excellence: We do our best at all times and look for ways to improve.