At Intermountain, we help people live the healthiest lives possible. We recognize that maintaining the status quo in American healthcare is not an option. The current U.S. healthcare delivery system: 1) produces costs that are too high and increasing at an unsustainable rate, and 2) does not provide a corresponding benefit to Americans’ overall health.
Intermountain Healthcare's Shared Accountability initiative is our approach to achieve three important goals:
- The best health for those we serve
- The best care for patients
- Affordable and sustainable costs
We use three key strategies to achieve these benefits:
- Redesigning care through developing and consistently using standards of care based on treatments proven effective
- Engaging patients in their health and care choices
- Aligning financial incentives for everyone with a stake in healthcare
Trustee Learning Module
This educational learning module describes Intermountain's shared accountability goals toward providing better care, better health, and better management of costs.