Welcome to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center Volunteer Services. Here you will find the latest information involving the activities of Utah Valley Regional volunteers, including how to volunteer and positions where volunteers serve throughout the hospital.
We are ambassadors of volunteer services who will provide kind, compassionate care in cooperation with Utah Valley Regional, its patients, guests, staff and the community.
Why people volunteer at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center
Volunteers play a key role in the Utah Valley Regional culture. The need for volunteers is great and the rewards are even greater. It is an opportunity to serve, grow, learn, make new friends, exchange ideas and contribute to our community.
Who can be a hospital volunteer?
All are welcome! If you are over 18, male or female, physically capable or challenged, have computer skills, phone skills or just enjoy people, you can be a volunteer at Utah Valley Regional. Volunteers are required to be friendly, outgoing and willing to work with all types of people. Junior volunteers also work at Utah Valley Regional after school and during the summer. If you want to give of yourself, join us and be prepared to have a life-changing experience. Interested individuals must:
- Be 18 years or older (If you are younger, please check out our junior volunteer requirements).
- Be willing to serve one three to four hour shift per week for a minimum of six months.
Applicants must complete an online application for a volunteer position. Placement will be made according to skill, availability of positions, availability of applicant and reference check. To complete an online application follow the steps below:
- Click on the "Volunteer Online Application" link below.
- Under the "Organization" pull-down menu, choose "Greater Provo Area".
- Click the "Search" button.
- If there are volunteer opportunities available, the search will result in a listing of all positions available.
- Click the link for the position that you are interested in. Read the requirements and click the "Apply Online" button.
- Login or create a new user profile.
- Make sure you fill out the entire application! When you have completed the application, the last page will say, "Thank you for applying".
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you will be contacted within 2-3 weeks for an interview.
If you are selected to be a volunteer, you will be required to complete the following prior to beginning work:
- Have two rounds of TB tests.
- Pay $18 for your volunteer jacket.
- Have your picture taken for your volunteer badge.
- Complete the new volunteer orientation.
Following placement, the requirements listed below will be completed before volunteer work begins. Failure to do so will terminate the process. You will need to contact the Volunteer Office to be reconsidered.
Junior Volunteers play an important role in the hospital. For more information, please call us at (801) 357-7245. Before you can begin as a junior volunteer, you must:
- Be 14 to 17 years old.
- Complete the application and health history forms.
- Have a TB test (provided by Intermountain).
- Pay $15 for volunteer jacket.
- Read and fill out Volunteer Mandatory Education Booklet.
What areas of the hospital do volunteers work in?
- Behavioral Medicine
- Cardiac Rehab
- Diabetic Clinics
- Emergency Center
- Emergency - Trauma
- Employee Health
- Gift shop
- Human Resources
- Information Desks (Main, Rehabilitation and South Lobby)
- Operating Room Patient Liaison
- Patient Services
- Patient Visitor
- Same Day Surgery
- Same Day Surgery Liaison
- Speech and Hearing
- Timpview Pharmacy
- Well Baby Nursery
- Women's and Children's Clinic
- Wound Care