to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center Volunteer Services. Here you
will find the latest information involving the activities of Utah Valley
Regional volunteers, including how to volunteer and positions where
volunteers serve throughout the hospital.
Intermountain volunteers are dedicated to helping people in our communities live the healthiest lives possible through service and compassion.
We support Intermountain values to deliver "extraordinary care and superior service" with our vision, which is to:
- Enhance the patient and guest experience as we partner in providing healthcare services
- Provide the highest quality service and support
- Respect the dignity, individuality and cultural diversity of our patients, volunteers and communities
Why people volunteer at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center
Volunteers play a key role in the Utah Valley Regional culture. The
need for volunteers is great and the rewards are even greater. It is an
opportunity to serve, grow, learn, make new friends, exchange ideas and
contribute to our community.
Who can be a hospital volunteer?
All are welcome! If you are over 18, male or female, physically
capable or challenged, have computer skills, phone skills or just enjoy
people, you can be a volunteer at Utah Valley Regional.
required to be friendly, outgoing and willing to work with all types of
people. Junior volunteers also work at Utah Valley Regional after school
and during the summer. If you want to give of yourself, join us and be
prepared to have a life-changing experience. Interested individuals
- Be 18 years or older (If you are younger, please check out our junior volunteer requirements).
- Be willing to serve one three to four hour shift per week for a minimum of six months.
Applicants must complete an online application for a volunteer
position. Placement will be made according to skill, availability of
positions, availability of applicant and reference check.
How to Apply
Junior Volunteers play an important role in the hospital. For more information, please call us at (801) 357-2647. Before you can begin as a junior volunteer, you must be:
- 14 to 17 years old.
- outgoing and have a desire to interact with our patients.
What areas of the hospital do volunteers work in?
- Cardiac Rehab
- Diabetic Clinics
- Emergency Center
- Gift Shop
- Information Desks (Main, Rehabilitation and South Lobby)
- Operating Room
- Operating Room Patient Liaison
- Patient Services
- Patient Visitor
- Same Day Surgery
- Same Day Surgery Liaison
- Speech and Hearing
- Timpview Pharmacy
- Well Baby Nursery
- Women's and Children's Clinic
- Wound Care