Intermountain Healthcare is a team of nearly 40,000 caregivers who serve the healthcare needs of people across the Intermountain West, primarily in Utah, southern Idaho, and southern Nevada. We are an integrated, not-for-profit health system headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a focus on providing high quality care that is accessible and affordable to all.
- Health Services: 215 clinics; 24 hospitals (includes virtual hospital); and telehealth services provided across a six-state area
- Intermountain Medical Group: 2,400 employed physicians and advanced practice providers; 3,800 affiliated physicians
- HealthCare Partners Nevada: 340 employed physicians and advanced practice providers
- SelectHealth: health insurance plans covering approximately 900,000 people in three states; recognized for superior member satisfaction
Intermountain Healthcare Numbers 2018*
| Volunteer, governing trustees
| Charity care
|| $247 million
| Emergency Room visits
| Acute patient admissions
| Inpatient surgeries
| Ambulatory surgeries
| Clinics owned or supported for uninsured and low-income patients
| Patient visits to low-income clinics (owned or supported)
| SelectHealth members
* Note: Data reflects information from our most current annual report to the community.
Mission Driven Not-For-Profit
Our mission is helping people live the healthiest lives possible, and that mission is supported by a clear vision and strong values that guide us. At Intermountain Healthcare, we believe financial circumstances shouldn’t dictate whether a person has access to basic medical needs. That’s why we provide assistance to those in our communities who are unable to pay for needed care.
Brief History About Intermountain
Intermountain Healthcare was established in 1975 when The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints donated its then 15-hospital system to the communities they served. Intermountain was formed as a secular not-for-profit organization to administer those hospitals.
Intermountain Annual Report
For more information about Intermountain Healthcare, visit our interactive Annual Report to the Community 2017 to the community online.