16 Mantras to Start Your Day Off Right
By Author Name
Sep 13, 2019
Updated Oct 25, 2023
5 min read
Learn more about SCL Health's Integrative Medicine Services and Treatments.
A mantra is traditionally a short sound, word or even phrase spoken in Sanskrit and used for meditation purposes. It’s uttered in repetition to help keep our mind and body focused on the moment. And since ancient times, mantras have been considered sacred and to be calming sounds, which is why you’ll often hear the most common “om” used to wind down the end of a yoga class.
But in our modern day and age, the term “mantra” has been co-opted to include self-affirming statements that give us the strength and confidence to face the world. But the underlying purpose is still the same: It’s a way to focus our intentions and calm our minds. So rather than focusing this article on traditional Sanskrit mantras, we’ll explore some daily phrases to say in the morning and keep repeating throughout the day. If you focus your mind on these simple mottos, they should help set you up for success and positivity!
1. “My mind is brilliant. My body is healthy. My spirit is tranquil.”
2. “I create my own path and walk it with joy.”
3. “My positive thoughts guide me to new heights.”
4. “I am conquering my fears and becoming stronger each day.”
5. “I will have a good day, because it’s my choice.”
6. “I am not afraid to be wrong.”
7. “My body is a temple. I keep my temple clean.”
8. “I hold the key to better health through eating better and exercise.”
9. “Good health is a practice, and I have patience.”
10. “I listen to my body and give it what it needs.”
11. “Every cell in my body is alive and beautiful.”
12. “My potential is limitless, and I choose where to spend my energy.”
13. “While I support others, I also ask for help when needed.”
14. “I surrender to the flow and have faith in the ultimate good.”
15. “I will speak with confidence and self-assurance.”
16. “My commitment to myself is unbreakable.”
Although we’ve broken up these mantras into a few different categories, they’re all connected to the power of your mind. Because without controlled thinking and positive belief, your spirit and body couldn’t make any progress. It’s our choice to think and feel positive, and our lives will follow shortly! Remember to repeat whichever phrase you choose over and over again — and don’t be surprised if you start to see a big change.