Let’s face it. We all love to snack. The question is, on what?
Whether you call them chickpeas or garbanzo beans, these little legumes are a tasty and healthy treat! I have always been a fan of the health benefits from Indian spices and what a better way to incorporate them into a “Sweet and Spicy” crunchy snack.
For many of us, controlling our hunger can be somewhat difficult and even frustrating at times. There are only so many nuts and fruits that sound good and unfortunately we end up reaching for a snack that is high in refined sugars, calories and fats. Besides chickpeas being high in fiber and plant protein, they are always low on the glycemic index. This powerful combination can help control your weight, keep you feeling satisfied and consume fewer calories.
Looking for another idea? Try using your favorite Mexican spices with a hint of chopped cilantro and squeeze of lime.
“Stop Dieting and Learn How to Eat”
Masala Roasted Chickpea Bites
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, thoroughly drained and rinsed (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of stevia powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and toss with the remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Spread the chickpeas in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 30 to 40 minutes.