Try This Delicious Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
Josh Niernberg from Bin 707 in Grand Junction shares a delicious recipe for an easy to make roasted cauliflower with a mustard green pistou, pine nuts crispy sage and Buratta.
Check out the full recipe below!
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- Crispy Sage Leaves
- Mustard Greens
- Orange juice
- Pine nuts
- Fennel (optional)
Roast the Caulifower
- Use the entire head of Cauliflower
- Cut off the ears, leaves, and thinly slice the stems
- Add to an oven pan or bowl
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 475°F and roast the Cauliflower 20-25 minutes.
Prepare the Pistou
- The texture you are looking for is something that will hold itself onto the plate. Almost like a pesto.
- Manipulate the flavor by adding more or less of each ingredient. More honey for more sweetness, more mustard greens for spicy flavor.
- Add mustard greens to blender with half a cup of orange juice.
- Pulse the blender a couple of times to get it started.
- Add honey.
- Add pine nuts.
- Add about a tablespoon of miso. Use either red or white.
- Add salt to season.
- Add roasted or fresh garlic.
- Puree ingredients until you get the thickness you want.
- Blend with olive oil to improve texture, if necessary.
Plate the Cauliflower
- Use a shallow bowl with a wide base to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Start by placing the Pistou in the bottom of the bowl. Cover the base of the bowl in the sauce.
- Season the Cauliflower with a pinch of salt
- Place the Cauliflower around the bowl directly on top of the sauce.
- Place bits of Buratta on top the Cauliflower
- Add sage
- Add pine nuts
- Add fennel (optional)