- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup coarse bulgar
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup raisins (I also use currants)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil. Stir in bulgar, parsley, minced onion and soy sauce; Reduce to low and cover. Simmer 15-20 minutes (until all water is absorbed and bulgar is not too crunchy). Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool; fluff with a fork.
- Combine dressing ingredients; stir well.
- Pour bulgar mixture into a large bowl. Pour dressing over bulgar and mix well.
- Stir in green onions, raisins/currants, carrots & chickpeas. Cover and chill several hours.
Recipe credit: choosemyplate.gov
Below is a video I did during our inaugural year of the Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute's My Heart Challenge showing how to whip up this recipe. Good luck.